Chelsea, Leicester draw 0-0

Chelsea were held to a 0-0 draw at Stamford Bridge by a Leicester City side reduced to 10 men after the break.

Shinji Okazaki missed an early chance after Ben Chilwell had got down the left to cross, but the champions were soon on the attack and Kasper Schmeichel made a good save from Eden Hazard.

Riyad Mahrez set up a chance but Jamie Vardy was just unable to get to his through ball, but with moments left until half-time the home side almost broke through when Cesc Fabregas was denied by Schmeichel.

Leicester continued their positive approach after the break, Mahrez embarking on a run that ended when he went down inside the area only for referee Mike Jones to wave away penalty appeals, and Chelsea boss Antonio Conte took off Eden Hazard and brought on Pedro shortly before the hour.

The visitors were rocked when Chilwell picked up a second yellow card for a foul on Victor Moses, and ex-Leicester man N’Golo Kante saw a long-range effort saved by Schmeichel — but Chelsea were unable to break through.

West Ham continued their fine form as they produced a superb away performance to win 4-1 at Huddersfield.

Both Manuel Lanzini and Marko Arnautovic caused problems early on, and the visitors went ahead on 27 minutes when home keeper Jonas Lossl played the ball short to Joe Lolley, who dallied and allowed Mark Noble to steal possession and run on to finish.

Lolley made amends when he cut in from the right and then curled his finish home five minutes before half-time, but within seconds of the restart West Ham had their lead back when in-form Marko Arnautovic thumped in a low finish, and Manuel Lanzini made it 3-1 before the hour.

With the home side in disarray, more excellent play by Arnautovic created the chance from which Lanzini lashed in the fourth just past the hour.

Watford came back from two goals down to draw 2-2 at home to Southampton in controversial fashion as Abdoulaye Doucoure appeared to handle the equaliser into the net.

Both sides had openings before Southampton hit the front after 20 minutes when Shane Long got away down the right and his pass found James Ward-Prowse, who beat Heurelho Gomes.

Gomes made a fine save from Long but the home side were two down before the break as Dusan Tadic set up Ward-Prowse to strike again a minute before the break.

Watford brought on striker Troy Deeney for midfielder Ben Watson at the break and hit back through Andre Gray after Daryl Janmaat’s effort had been saved.

Crystal Palace moved five points clear of the relegation zone as Bakary Sako gave them a 1-0 win over Burnley at Selhurst Park.

Sako was in the thick of the action in the early stages and the home fans wanted a penalty when he went down under James Tarkowski’s challenge — but after 21 minutes he was on the scoresheet when his left-footed effort beat Nick Pope.

The home side dominated the first period but Burnley began the second on the front foot and were almost level when a thumping Sam Vokes header hit the side netting.

Burnley were having plenty of the ball as Palace side filed to offer the same level of threat as in the first — but they were unable to find an equaliser as Roy Hodgson’s side held on.

West Bromwich Albion eased their relegation fears and added to Brighton‘s growing worries with a 2-0 win at The Hawthorns.

Brighton began sharply, with Jose Izquierdo firing just wide within the opening couple of minutes — but within moments of that encouragement they were behind when Jonny Evans headed in after a corner had been flicked on.

The visitors came close to levelling when Lewis Dunk’s thumping shot from inside the area was blocked, but they were failing to cause too many problems and West Brom had the cushion they needed 10 minutes into the second half when Craig Dawson struck after Brighton failed to deal with another set piece.

Newcastle were held to a 1-1 draw at St James’ Park as Swansea City gained a key point in their battle to move towards safety.

The home side began on the front foot and should have taken the lead after 13 minutes when Ayoze Perez crossed but Dwight Gayle, around eight yards out, headed over the top.

Gayle had another header ruled out for offside and dragged an effort wide early in the second half — and he and his teammates were made to pay on the hour when Jordan Ayew was left all alone in the area and, after his first header was saved, he nodded the rebound into the net.

But home nerves were eased when Jonjo Shelvey played a ball over the top for Perez and he helped it on towards Joselu, who swept home to level.

Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.